Finally our Escort rally car is ready for collection. The car has been away for a few months now having a new engine built & fitted.
Disappointingly it has returned with a number of issues….
- No swirl pot on the fuel system.
- Poorly fitted throttle bodies.
- Poorly fitted ait filter.
- ‘Screeching’ starter motor. Despite new unit and flywheel.
- Unmounted ECU. (Just lying on the gearbox tunnel)
- Sump guard not fitted.
- No rev counter.
- No gear change light.
- Low pressure fuel pumps removed.
- Wiring in general leaving a lot to be desired.
- The list goes on...
Back in our workshops now so we’ll have to make time to sort these issues over winter so we don’t miss out on another season.
You live and learn!!